About Ingrid Capacity
Ingrid Capacity facilitates the electrification of society and the transition to renewable energy as the leading Nordic actor in building large-scale energy storages. We are in a rapid growth phase with a historic expansion of energy storage in Sweden while also expanding internationally. We expect to continue to grow rapidly in the coming years, by scaling both in new geographies and new technologies of flexible energy assets.
Do you want to join our exciting journey and contribute to the green energy transition? Electrification and the transition to renewable energy create fantastic opportunities – for us as individuals, as a company and for society at large.
About the role
As a BESS Engineer, you’ll be part of all phases from a technical perspective; from the design process, through implementation and overseeing maintenance and performance. You will have a key role in procurement and review technical aspects, oversee the implementation phase and follow up to ensure performance.
You collaborate closely with our procurement, construction and asset management departments in order to define the technical requirements that ensure optimal, long-term performance of the assets. You translate technical requirements to all relevant counterparties and ensure that interfaces between suppliers and components respectively are seamlessly integrated.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Define technical requirement specifications for Battery Energy Storage Systems.
- Technical review and quality assurance in BESS procurement.
- Coordinating technical requirements and functionality for BESS with technical market requirements, SCADA and EMS, legislation/standards, and other equipment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and technical contacts with BESS suppliers.
- Analyze and optimize performance and warranties for optimized asset management.
- Take part in and/or drive field testing of the assets to confirm and develop performance.
- Ensure and coordinate relevant information to other internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuous market analysis to ensure up to date knowledge on technology development.
To be a good match with the role, we believe that you have:
- Experience in a similar role, e.g. within the energy, renewables or battery sector.
- Experience in working with technical requirements.
- Fluent language skills in English, written and verbal.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering (e.g. in electrical engineering, energy, or energy systems).
In addition, the following is highly meritorious:
- Experience in working with battery systems as a function.
- Experience in working with BESS markets and requirements in other markets than Sweden.
- Understanding of implementation and site performance.
- Experience from working with BESS performance and warranty testing.
Your personal skills
In addition to relevant work experience, we’re looking for someone with the right personal skills and motivation. Skills we evaluate for this role:
- Problem-solving and decision-making - You are able to assess, draw conclusions and prioritize.
- Analytical skills - You know how to collect and assess vast amounts of information, identify patterns and trends.
- Communication and relationship building skills - You are a highly communicative individual, capable of maintaining effective and professional communication with team members and external partners.
- Ability to explain complexities – You need to simplify and concretize complex information so that others can understand it.
- Commitment - You are passionate about the energy transformation and how to contribute to the transition, as an individual and as a company.
- Team player - You thrive in a collaborative environment, working seamlessly with colleagues and management to achieve common goals.
How Ingrid Capacity facilitates the green transition
As our societies become more electrified and switch to climate-smart and renewable energy, both great opportunities and challenges arise. Energy storage is necessary to manage the electrification, and electrification is necessary to manage the climate challenge. Large-scale battery energy storage will be a key part of the energy infrastructure of the future.
Our storages take care of electricity when there is surplus, then tapping it back to the system when there is shortage. Right now, we are laying out a historic expansion of energy storage in Sweden.
At Ingrid Capacity, we are therefore not just employees; we are pioneers, visionaries, and catalysts for change. We are at the forefront of the global energy transition, dedicated to reshaping the future of power generation. Our company is more than a workplace; it is a platform for innovation, where we dare to push boundaries and turn bold ideas into reality.
Sounds like a match? Welcome to apply! We’ll make selections on an ongoing basis and finalize the recruitment as soon as we’ve found the perfect match. Having said that, please don’t wait to submit your application.
Our recruitment partner UrbanUrban manages the process and lead recruiters are Lina Dobrzynski (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Helena Melin (email@example.com). Please note that we do not accept applications via email, only through the link above/below.
We look forward to hearing from you!