At Proposales, we’re on a mission to shape the future of business proposals, replacing static documents by defining a new online standard fully powered by web technology (literally, a piece of internet infrastructure). We’re very excited to add a skilled and passionate COO to drive and improve our business operations.
A bit about the role
Let’s start with where we’re at. We’re a SaaS startup with solid funding and customers in over 20 countries. And planning to grow a lot more. We’re currently well established as the #1 proposal tool for hotels in the Nordics and a strong footprint in Europe, but at the same time we’ve only just begun. We have a lot more to cover in the hotel industry and we’re also on our way to add some more business verticals. This is where you come in.
As COO, you’re the backbone of our business operations strategy. You drive the company from within, leading workflow improvement and day-to-day business activities to ensure that our daily operations are running smoothly and that we’re scaling efficiently.
This is a central leadership role, touching on all functions within Proposales as you lead each business unit to reach our company goals. It’s your job to make sure we have the right structure, tools and processes as well as the right people to scale.
As COO, you will:
- Work closely with and report to the CEO.
- Work cross-functionally with total operational responsibility.
- Ensure efficient scaling to achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Take ownership of OKRs; define, drive and follow up as well as break them down into team and individual levels.
- Define key success metrics together with the executive team.
- Lead, support and manage the team including around 6 direct reports (Head of’s).
- Empower the team with leadership, resources and tools needed to successfully meet goals.
A bit about you
Work experience wise, we believe you’re a mix between a tech and people person with a proven track record of effectively scaling operational processes and teams. In other words, you come from a tech startup that has gone through a growth journey.
You have a tech-first mindset and you’re an inspirational leader. Above all, we believe you’re the type of person who naturally takes ownership and has a lot of passion for what you do. You’re ambitious, have a growth mindset and can perhaps even see yourself as being a “late founder”. Lastly, you have the ability to get things done and you’re always willing to help people around you become even better.
We believe that the ideal candidate has:
- Experience from scaling a SaaS business, from an early stage and beyond.
- Experience from total operational responsibility in strong company growth.
- That rare combination of both excellent strategic and operational skills, especially in how the right processes, structures, tools and people drive growth.
- A strong, inspirational and modern leadership style, with the ability to motivate and develop others.
- Thorough understanding of the full range of business functions and systems, including product, operations, sales, strategic development and budgeting/planning.
- A strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into effective decision making and problem-solving.
Proposales could be your ideal workplace if you:
- Believe a tech-first mindset is the right way to scale a SaaS business.
- Enjoy the startup environment and how your input and actions quickly can turn into results.
- Want to work with truly passionate colleagues who care about every detail of the platform as well as the value it brings to our customers and their customers in turn.
- Share our high ambitions and goals as well as enjoy working hard to see amazing results.
- Want to take ownership, figuratively and literally (you’ll be included in our stock option plan).
Sounds like a match?
Welcome to apply! Our recruitment partner UrbanUrban manages the process and lead recruiters are Lina Dobrzynski (email@example.com) and Ida Garamvölgyi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We’re aiming to do our first interviews starting in January. Having said that, please don’t wait to submit your application as we’ll finalise the recruitment as soon as we’ve found the perfect match.
Want to read more about our company mission? Here is a website just for that: https://career.proposales.com/.